Pages

Sunday 16 September 2018

Dreams of a feather... create questions together.

So last night I had the messed up most vividest dream I've had in a while.

I was at work (generic scream sound effect)

but I wasn't in my usual workplace. It was, in theory, I guess, but instead of my usual desk I had the lift up desk from my primary school and it was in the middle of a department store. There were salesmen walking the floor, between the racks of clothing that separated me from my co-workers, but they don't interact with me. I didn't even have a phone installed, or a computer. My supervisor is there, but keeps talking to me about non work related topics in a really chirpy, yet disembodied way.

Not really sure how they expected me to work but anyway, I log off early to go to lunch but realise later that I forgot my lunchbox and my ID tag to get back into the building. I also realise that my current workplace is actually in a previous work environment, which was a water park. Where I was was more behind the scenes though, so no slides for me. I don't seem to mind either way?

Sitting down on a bench, I look up at some chirping birds on a tree branch overhead and realise that one of them is an Indian Ringneck parrot. In case you aren't aware, they aren't native to Australia and they don't usually chill with pigeons or doves. So I realise that it must be someone's pet and lost, at that. I go to take a photo of it on my phone but the camera won't focus.


The bird falls out of the tree and I catch it. It's the same colour blue as a pair of one of my socks. The bird bites me, but doesn't make any real effort to get away from me. I realise it's wounded. The bird accepts a stroke on the back while I whisper soothing words to it. It looks like just the wing but as I hold it up to get a better look it starts vomiting blood.





I mean, like it's a blood fountain and it's head is the stopper. It just keeps pouring out, this rich, dark, thick red liquid. Apart from that the bird doesn't seem worse for wear. It seems like the bird has a more human like face at this point.. with blood seeping out the corners of it's lips like a bad smile. I get the impression that if I squeezed the bird's belly the blood would just sky rocket out. Instead, I take it to the uniform shop/vet clinic.



It wasn't there ten seconds ago, but then again it was always there *really*. I have to wait a while for service, which is annoying because there's no one else there and no one else covered in blood.
When the lady comes out from the back she immediately takes the bird from me and tells me she'll order me a new ID tag. The moment she vanishes behind another counter I want to tell her that if no-one else comes to claim the bird, that I'd look after her.

Like this but with different levels and varying degrees of mesh and wood

Wandering outside, I come across a ramshackle shanty of an outdoor vet hospice. None of it makes any sense. It's like someone designed a tree house maze, then changed their minds and moved parts around over and over. Had no idea how it was still standing. The birds were on the bottom, walking on grass, and not entirely enclosed areas either but they don't seem to escape.

Kinda like this, but where the geese are had a door that didn't um... close. 


As well as my bird friend, there are two grey parrots following each other around, and two birds in separate areas that look a little worse for wear. Their feathers are missing, their eyes blood red, and what's left of their wings look like they came from a bat. Other than that they're still walking around and singing.
Loosely translated as "Stop lording it over me with that fancy grass, Derek!"


Normally like this
Now more like this
Dogs and larger animals are in crate looking areas above the birds. My friends Messi and Jambo arrive just as I was about to pick up my bird friend - who looks fine now and is whistling happily. For some reason they have one of their dogs with them and give him to me to hold. They have two white little dogs in real life that always jump up and bark at me but here, the one I'm holding is larger, quieter and more like Messi's original pet dog in nature and size. It's more like a teddy bear than an actual animal. Messi and Jambo don't say anything to me.

heir dog isn't injured or anything so I'm not sure why they brought it along but I keep holding it like a chump anyway.

I finally get my ID tag - I walk back into the uniform shop and kick ten people out of the way. Probably helps that I am soaking in blood and do not look conversational in any way.
I have way over stepped my allotted lunch time but I do not seem to shiv.

In the beginning of the dream, I had been loosely worried about ticking off this supervisor or having too many leave days or something like that.




 Later, my husband drives me away and while on the highway we see a family of tourists with my bird friend. It's a hot day and they don't have the air conditioning on in their car or any windows open. Their bratty offspring keep poking at the bird while it sits miserable, in the full sun light in a tiny carry cage.

I am incensed and Panda is too. He veers towards their car so I can jump out/reach over/yell at the tourists. The car in front of them turns into our lane but isn't travelling in our direction anymore, they are now driving horizontally across the road. I tell Panda to watch out but no matter how far we travel, neither car gets closer to us.


Then a noise woke me, so I don't know what happened in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment