Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

Jellyfish's Last Float

I haven't blogged for a while and I feel bad about it because there's just so much I have to let loose on teh internets and now I don't know where to start.

I guess I will by mentioning that we've been touched by two more close deaths.. the first one I will go into more detail on later because I just can't right now. The second, and much more recent was a co-worker of mine last Sunday. I heard about it because of random comments on Facebook and at first I thought 'holy crap, has he died?' quickly followed by 'No way, it must be some sort of in joke I'm not aware of.'
Then more and more comments and news swirled in and it became inescapable. Jellyfish had died. He was only a year older than me.

It really makes you think of your mortality. His Facebook wall is now covered in things he can never read, with things that maybe we never said to him in real life, things that are bringing all of his friends together over treasured memories.

Everyone is always so much kinder to people in the obituarues, but it's true when we say Jelly was the nicest bloke. He always had a smile, a joke, something nice to say. It didn't matter if you weren't his best friend, he just treated you like you were even if you'd just met five minutes ago.

He is one of those people that so many will miss.

It kind of makes me wonder if people would write similar things on my post life wall. I have a niggling feeling that I'd get things like 'you didn't come in to work today, why not?!' or 'We will remember her in those drawings that kept turning up, unexplained all over the place.' Nothing like a bit of paranoia and nerves for you.

He'd done so much with his life though, and he probably wasn't even halfway though it. So freaking young.

No comments:

Post a Comment