Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Requiem for a Dream Heist

So last night I had another crazy dream.

It was kind of like a heist movie but with some family drama thrown in.

Like, it was me and this middle aged black guy, and this much old white guy. We did all these heists perfectly, with barely a word spoken between us.
Things kind of got weird though, as they are wont to do in my dreams.


Basically my sister in law came to visit with her kids because they hadn't seen us in a while. This is fine, but they came without any notice (unless you count a brief SMS half an hour prior to shifting four kids, yourself and a partner interstate.) That's mental!

Anyway, the next weird thing was an attempt to stop a heist, which involved a man-generated earthquake. No one died, but it made a huge rift right where our Japanese themed hotel was - between that and the MacDonald's across the street.

So as we're running away... we have to jump over trenches filled with Macca's fries.

I run past a detective who luckily doesn't see me. The black guy ducks into a nearby barber shop and sits in the first available seat posing as a customer, despite being bald and clean faced. I run out the back and into an antechamber of sorts that somehow has entrances to several other stores like a fancy bar and a restaurant and a retail store.

Posing as a waitress, no-one at the restaurant seems to care because they're all in on it.

Which.... now that I think about it, is a really bad business plan for a secret thieving ring.

Later, the other men try to get me to leave the gig as it's too risky, there's a sweet moment where the really old guy seems determined to leave his fingerprints on his calling card to let us get away scot free (even though we were chilling in a bar, and apparently got off scot free anyway) then some jerk at the table besides us says something like we were ripped off about something and the old man Luigi Death-stared him.

So what was this?

Was I hungry for Macca's? Desperate to plan a cool looking heist? Able to juggle random family visits and my job like it's Christmas? I don't know.

We didn't even seem to get any loot. I'm pretty sure we just did the  bad ass walk thing like yeeeahhh.... if we were *actually* gonna steal stuff, this is how we'd do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment