Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Happy Bomber and the prisoner of Terrorban

I work some strange hours so sometimes news does escape me. Not that I'd want to be glued to the news channel or anything. So, last Friday was the Royal Wedding. That's cool... the random wedding parties and tiara bashes were a bit weird. I mean, if Wills and Kate aren't going to have a party when YOU get married, why do it for them? Yes, I know that's an unreasonable argument... Don't ya just love it?

Anyway I didn't watch it but I've heard from witnesses that it started at 4pm and eventually, when they realised it was still going strong at 10pm they dismantled their televisions. Or they could have just turned it off, I wasn't really paying attention. Of course everyone is milking it, but I didn't think it would be that massive. Probably got more screen time than disaster reports.

Everybody hates Ricky Nixon. I don't even know who he is, I refuse to follow any sport that only promotes men, encourages drunkeness, dominates my TV time and lets people who ordinarily shun fancy dress run around in stupid face paint. *breathes* Yeah, not a fan. I have heard of him though, imposible not to with the whole St. Kilda schoolgirl fiasco.

I just really have a hard time understanding what these people have problems with. Most of them are married, with kids, I'm assuming. They know there are cameras up their bums 24/7 on the offchance something they crap out might have something fascinating to tell the world. They probably have security following them around and aides, or whatever. So how do they all keep getting into these situations that makes the headlines scream rape, assault, drugs, underage, hotel room?

These are GROWN MEN. They should know better! What is this slap on the wrist bugger all nonsense about? Naughty, naughty boy! You're implicated in a crime! .......Stay off the field for a season or two. WTF?? If I pulled any of these shenanigans, it would, and SHOULD affect my work. Oh wait, I'm not in the sports industry! That's where I went wrong. My bad.

It bothers me because the fans of these people always favour the blokes. The victims/accusers are always made out to be skanks, groupies, vengeful cows of hate and prostitution only after the money. I don't know anything about it, for all I know they have got some false accusations - this is the kind of situation those things thrive in - but someone's side of the story shouldn't be tossed aside all the time because it couldn't possibly happen to your favourite sports star.

Anyway, what I was trying to get at was that this chump gave a confusing and strange interview about how he doesn't know how he got in that hotel without underwear, if there was drugs involved, he says certainly no sex involved, but there was phone communication and they have a lack of evidence apparently. You know, besides the video, photos, text messaging...
It just seems he's kinda digging himself a hole. Well, even more than before.

Osama bin Laden has forcibly kicked the bucket. I'm not really sure when this happened, I had a day or two of no internet, then I casually check my FaceBook and all anyone (and their mums) are posting is bin Laden jokes/comments. I'm like... OoooOOOOOoooookaaaaAAAAAaaaaayyyy......
Twitter is doing the same thing and I'm like 'Honey....I think something may have happened...' and the news confirms it. He's gone.

Articles and updates are breeding like rabbits. I found one or two interesting. One was a biography of the man himself, I hadn't known much about him, especially that he was from a rich and educated background before falling into the extremists camp. How come none of these came into much light before now? I suppose no one wanted to read it, it's easier to think of him as some villian in a cave, plotting, growing beards and making explosives because he can't comprehend how awesome we all are.

It must be great for the September 11 families to get some kind of closure, but like many are saying now to watch out for retaliation attacks and he's only been made into a martyr. The important thing to remember is that it's not just Muslims over there in whateveristan, anyone can be dangerous when they get that involved in their beliefs. I've read some horrible things that Christians write and I really don't get how anyone could believe, even think that their God would be that much happier with them if they killed some Westerners, homosexuals,  blacks, other religions. It's pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic, everyone's going on about the Logies. Whooo... the logies... Everyone else gets rate rises, tax increases, everything but the wage increase, and here's a bunch of 'celebrities' hamming it up in a new expensive outfit, eating like royalty, and getting statues that no one will even remember they got in a year's time.

All I can hear is Chrissie Swan! Karl Stefanovic! American musical acts, not an Australian one to be seen! Some comment about butts! Boring MC!

Yay? Who gives a rats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment